Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Spring Roll Salad



My friend Heather made some delicious spring rolls for Bunco recently. A few days later, I bought the ingredients and have been making them for lunch. If I don't have time to mess with the wrappers I've been having this salad instead. It's easy and I love the flavors. Serves 1 as a meal or 2 as a side salad.


Ingredients:
1 large handful of green leafy lettuce
2 carrots, grated
1 small handful of cylantro
2 oz of buckwheat soba noodles (cooked according to package)
2 oz or 1/4 of an avocado
Fresh Lime Juice (about a teaspoon)
1 teaspoon of chopped peanuts

1 T Central Market Satay Sauce
1 T Annie's Gingerly Dressing

Layer lettuce, carrots, cylantro and avocado in bowl and top with Gingerly Dressing and a squeeze of lime juice. Toss cooked soba noodles with the Satay Sauce and add to salad. Top with chopped peanuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment