Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sunday Hoagie Sandwich





I've been pretty sick with the flu all weekend, and therefore have been eating stuff out of my freezer and easy meals. Today was another "take it easy" day, but thought I'd post because we grew up on these broiled/toasted sandwiches and called them "Hoagies". As a kids, we would usually have different lunch meats & swiss cheese melted on top. For the version I made today here's what you need:

bolillo wheat rolls or any type of roll you prefer
lunch meat - use as little or as much as you want (I used 3 slices of turkey per sandwich)
spinach
cheddar cheese slices (or any cheese you like :)
sliced tomato

Set oven to Broil & place rack on top or 2nd to top shelf. Split rolls in half and layer ingredients on top of rolls.


Slide them into the oven for about 3-5 minutes (watch them to make sure they don't burn!) until cheese is melted and edges are toasty! I think broiling or toasting a sandwich makes it so much more yummy. :)

You can serve this with chips or fruit, whatever is in your pantry ;) Hope you all don't get what I've had, and hope your Sunday is filled with joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment